Luke Cuenco 12.15.21
Having a solid set of gun tools is an essential thing for any gun owner. As your collection grows so too will your list of tools but for newcomers, it might be a bit hard to decide what you need exactly for your first few tools but today we’ll give you a decent list of basic things to buy if you’re a frequent shooter or just need a few new tools to replace your used up tools. Most of these tools also make great gifts for new gun owners who will need the essentials to keep their guns in top shape or for routine maintenance. So if you’re shopping for yourself or have a friend or family member who is in need, check this list out and let us know if you have any essential gun tools that you keep in your gun tool case!
12 Days of OutdoorHub Christmas Day 6! Essential Gun Tools
The Tipton® Ultra Cleaning Kit was designed for the shooter who wants the absolute highest quality cleaning accessories available in one convenient portable kit. The heart of the kit is a Premium 3 Piece Stainless Steel Cleaning Rod with a multi-bearing handle. The .205” diameter, 40” usable length rod is constructed of 17-4 PH stainless to be extremely durable and resist taking a bend (the problem that plagues most multi-section rods). All the kit components are neatly contained in the molded plastic case with custom die-cut foam for maximum organization. Perfect for any gun owner regardless of caliber.
- Comprehensive gun cleaning kit making it a perfect gift (everything from Rimfire all the way up to larger rifles and shotguns
- Stainless Steel cleaning rod
- Both nylon and bronze brushes for cleaning sensitive polymer and soft metal parts
- Comes in a convenient carry case with extra room for solvents and oils
- $154.99 from the Tipton Webstore
If you own an AR-15 or ever plan on owning an AR-15 then you should check out this CORE AR-15 gun tool from the guys over at Real Avid. This little pocket-sized tool contains everything you’ll need to field service your AR-15 and clear any malfunctions or tighten up any loose parts that may have rattled themselves loose after a long-range session. It’s cheap, tough as nails, and small enough to toss in your pocket or any range bag.
- World’s most comprehensive carbon scraper
- Cleans carbon from all critical surfaces to keep bolts cycling smoothly
- Clear jams
- Punch takedown pins
- Make sight adjustments
- Heavy-duty Liner-Locks keep tools secure in use
- Carabiner-like function secures to molle straps
- $39.99 at Brownells
When it comes to properly cleaning your firearms, Tipton made the Standing Ultra Gun Vise for your every need. We took the Ultra Gun Vise and added collapsible legs so you can comfortably and completely access your rifle. Whether you are mounting scopes, cleaning, or accessorizing, you have the option to stand or sit while working on your firearm or crossbow. The Ultra Gun Vise works with virtually any size firearm or crossbow, so you can efficiently clean your firearm.
- Oversized leg levers for effortless setup and collapses down for easy transport and storage, removing the need for a table or a bench
- The Best Gun Vise modules feature non-marring, glass-filled nylon clamps and removable accessory/tool trays that allow for an adjustable and customized setup
- Durable & lightweight – rigid all-steel construction ensures this portable bench is solid & ready for all situations
- The 35-inch height creates optimal comfort while working and it features a built-in bottle opener – Cheers!
- Currently on sale for $212.46 and comes with a free Ultra Jag/Brush Set
I hate having to sort through my collection of gun tools to find these small wrenches and really wish I had these nifty little combined tools to work on my guns with. Each of these is made from Durable polymer handles and each of the keys folds up inside to make them easier to transport around in a range bag or have stored in a toolbox. Best of all, these are very inexpensive and you’ll probably end up using them more than anything else in your gun toolkit.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Luke is currently a full-time writer for TheFirearmBlog.com, OvertDefense.com, AllOutdoor.com, and of course, OutdoorHub.com. Luke is a competitive shooter, firearms enthusiast, reloader, outdoorsman, and generally takes an interest in anything that has to do with the great outdoors.
Luke is also a private certified pilot and is currently pursuing his commercial pilot’s license in the hopes of becoming a professional pilot. Some of Luke’s other interests include anything to do with aviation, aerospace and military technology, and American Conservancy efforts.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.